Saturday, May 9, 2015

Day 97: Hasher's

I woke up this morning bummed out that it was a 'rest day' because I really wanted to be active. I only had one massage scheduled and the rest of my day was vacant. I wasn't very thrilled with this because I didn't want to get bored and have my brain take over with its ramblings but, alas, I embarked on my day. My client was a first time client and a fairly new friend of mine and as soon as the appointment came to an end, there was a surprise appearance from the chiropractor! I've never seen him in on a Saturday! He was seeing someone with a horrible week-long headache and asked if maybe I had time to give a massage. Well, I sure do! The massage went great and the client left headache free!! =D  That right there left my day feeling successful and synchronistic. Two of my favorite things.
Immediately following that massage my fairly new friend texted and invited me to a hash run. I'm not much of a drinker and decided to pass but when I learned that it was more of an outdoorsy run and not a pub crawl, I decided to give it a go. I did want to be outside and active with people and well, I was invited to do just that, so why would I say no?

It turned out to be absolutely friggin amazing! A two mile run/scramble/trek through Alaskan forest with new friends and sunshine! I couldn't have asked for more. I was so amazed at how my day had turned out! I woke up wishing for a fun filled day, with friends, and exercise and I, literally, had that day, completely by surprise!!!

At the end of the run, I got invited to the after party and was super happy about that too! I climbed into my car and as I was pulling out of the parking lot, this happened. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it was one of the brightest and closest rainbows I've ever seen!!
Today was an epic surprise and I am about to drift off to sleep with a smile on my face. :)

My 100 days of happiness is nearly over... But I think I'm going to start a 100 Days of Appreciation and see where that leads me... Because not only do I feel all kinds of happy right now ... I want to start focusing on all the times in my day where I feel appreciation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment