Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Emerald City


I was lucky enough to visit Seattle, again!, last week. One of my previous posts speaks of a huge pull to move there so I was thrilled when an opportunity came up to go back for a whole week to check it out! I drove around to all different areas of town. Did a lot of walking around places to get a feel for certain places. I fell magically in love with the trees there!

 
Oh my goodness! I think I'd move there just to be close to the most beautiful trees and all the water that flows throughout the city. And that's when I realized, that's really the main reason to move there. Seattle is huge. Huuuuggggeeeeee. There is a A LOT going on there. After one week, I realized that with all the different restaurants, and stores, and bars, and concerts, and people... Seattle has a LOT of distractions. And while it's a super fun pool to jump into for a bit. I wouldn't be happy living there. I may be happy on the surface and around a bunch of fun people and watching awesome concerts and eating all kinds of amazing foods... but when it was time to quiet down and reconnect with me, I would realize that I was just being distracted. 

It was surprisingly refreshing to come back to Anchorage and walk through the itty bitty airport, hope into a car and not stress out about traffic or accidents. Just cruise on home in this sleepy little town (which it feels like compared to bustling Seattle). 

While I was in Seattle, I got an email from Anchorage Yoga stating that I have been accepted into their Yoga Teacher Training that begins in January and ends in April. That was a pretty exciting email. I've been wanting to take a YTT for over 10 years now and it looks like I'm finally going to do it!  

On my flight home, I realized that Dorothy doesn't go to the Emerald City to set up shop and chill. She goes there because that is where she finds out how to get back home. Alaska is home. for now. ;)
 


I know I whibble wobble back and forth a lot... here, there, squirrel! But I guess that's what keeps life interesting.....  :)

2 comments:

  1. Nicely stated :) I just got the fb message for this link (I don't have fb messenger so I only see messages when I get on my PC, which isn't very often). Hopefully our paths will cross sooner than later, I would love to catch up with you! You are the water to my fire :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April! I just realized I could reply here! Thank you for commenting... And for reading my blog! I always feel like I'm sending words out into empty space... It's so nice to know that someone read them :)

      Let's run into each other soon!! And until then... *Big Hugs!*

      Delete