Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 77: Sharing

Day 77/100 of happiness...

Yes, it's been a few days since I posted a DoH post, and some may consider that slacking. I've realized my 100 days of happiness postings aren't turning into consecutive days but as I'm reaching the final stretch of these 100 days, I am finding myself waiting until I feel truly inspired to share something. That doesn't mean my other days don't have happy moments (or even a lot of happiness) in them. My posts are turning into more deeper happiness moments I guess. 25 Deeper Day of Happiness?? ;)

Today I found extreme happiness in sharing. And in being a listener. There are things in life we share with very few people... And sometimes after we share these things, we are shocked that we shared them! "Wow! That was so personal. I don't know why I just shared that information." Is a common exclamation. But in that space of vulnerability, the listener usually has the opportunity to then share something of deep personal value in return. Unintentionally, sometimes, a safe space is created and within that safeness we allow the unfolding of parts of us that usually stay very close and covered. There is something so liberating about exchanging words we usually don't speak with someone and then being the receiver of words not usually spoken by another. These are some of the beautiful moments in life when intimacy is spontaneously created in the midst of a busy day and a connection between two people grows. =}

No comments:

Post a Comment