Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 41: Room for the unexpected

Winter Solstice. Longest night of the year. Tonight also happened to be a New Moon. I just love celestial line ups. Makes things feel extra special... 

Today I was lucky enough to be invited to a friend's house to eat her food!  :)  Scrumptious baked potato soup for lunch followed by home made cookies. What a friend to have!  Her house was full of animals too, so I got my dog and cat snuggling fix. Always a good thing. 

This evening, to celebrate the Solstice, I went on a spontaneous 2.5 mile late night hike through snow covered trees. Freshly fallen snow covered the ground and the low cloud coverage made for a hike with no flashlight necessary. It was magical. On the way back to the car I was lucky enough to be serenaded by an owl! Magic on top of Magic! It was the first owl hoots I've heard in Alaska and it made my heart smile. I was glad a last minute hike was enacted or I would have missed out on the owl's song.



No comments:

Post a Comment