Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 1

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

That is one of my most favorite quotes. It just takes the pressure off and also makes one feel successful for taking that first step towards anything.

Those of you who are also on Facebook may know that I was inspired by a friend of mine to start a 100 Days of Happiness, uh, thing. I don't think it's a challenge. I think it's an opportunity. Each and every day I get the opportunity to think of something that I am happy about... for 100 days! Starting today!

Today I begin my 100 Days with gratitude for friends. Sometimes, maybe a bit too often, we take our friends for granted. I can't even imagine a world with out friends. Our friends are there for us when we're feeling low, they raise us higher when we're feeling great, they remind us of our light when we get clouded over by our own rain clouds. Not only do we have friends, but we get to be a friend, as well. What an honorable title to have:  Friend.

Today I am very, very thankful for all the friends I have, have had, and will someday meet. My closest friends, to my furthest friends and each and every one in between. Friends are the sweetness in life and I am happy to have so many wonderful people that I can call Friend.

So here's to YOU, my friend.  My world wouldn't be the same without you in it!!
And for that, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment